Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Therapy

Back when we lived in Massachusetts, I would see a therapist twice a month to maintain my sanity. On my first session, I was describing the stress I was under simply due to my girls wanting to be near me or play with me every waking moment of the day. His response still resonates with me to this day.
"I know what you mean; it's tough having someone around who loves you to the point of worship and is happiest when you are around." It was a blunt slap in the face skillfully delivered via sarcasm and it forever flipped a switch in my head as to how I think about my kids. Upon further discussion on the topic with him, I walked away with a better understanding of myself and more importantly my family. That conversation was the first step toward my decision to leave my job to spend even more time with the girls by becoming a stay-at-home-dad.

Sorry if this post was boring...they can't all be comic gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment